Saturday, February 21, 2009

Letting Go


Love stands defined when I say your name,
Life's incomplete without you in the frame,
I love you so much I can't begin to define,
you're my heart, my soul, my only valentine,

We have said our goodbye once and many times more,
But every time we return, I love you more than before,
I can read the thought that lingers in those haunting eyes,
"I wish I came back before I became his bride"

Now all that I have is a dream so to say,
that we'll meet someday in a place far away,
the moon will be full and the stars will shine bright,
and I can dance with you all through the night,

I smile to myself at the possibility,
Alas you and I are not reality,
I guess sometimes we should let things be,
The way they were always meant to be,

Back then,I had no reason to love you so,
Now, I have no reason for letting you go,
Times change and so do we,
Loving you remains the perpetual irony.

4 comments:

sneha said...

Magic with words...only u can do it my friend!!...I enjoy very post u write...Read them whenever I'm happy or too depressed...always deviates my mind and I enter this new world called Imrozsworld...Continue writing such creative stuff...very refreshing and sweet...:)

Anonymous said...

There might be no reason to LOVE,might be no reason to Hate. Now it is time that you should move on, just don't look back and wait....


There is nothing that needs to be explained and nothing needs to be Defined; Where ever we are till the world ends "I'll always be your's and you'll be mine".

Hi! This is a thought that came to my mind as i read each word you wrote.

Regards

Anonymous

IMROZ NAQVI said...

There maybe no reasons to hate because in time you tend to forget the negatives and hold on to the positives.

But there is always a reason to love, that reason may not always be apparent, may not always be explained, may not always be defined, but it remains like a whispering sweetness, quenching the need of a famished soul.

Thank you for your comment. :-)

Anonymous said...

Simple yet engaging...beautiful one...loved the last stanza...
'Back then,I had no reason to love you so,
Now, I have no reason for letting you go,
Times change and so do we,
Loving you remains the perpetual irony.'
:)